[CentOS] Enable all permissions for root in Samba ...

Fri Aug 5 19:05:10 UTC 2016
Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa.com>

On Aug 4, 2016, at 7:23 PM, reynierpm at gmail.com wrote:

> I have a local virtual machine running
> CentOS 7 so I do not need any security.

Do you know what island hopping is?

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(computer_security)#Pivoting

Please explain to me how you are not attempting to create the easiest-to-access island of all time.  That is, once an attacker gets into the VM, how have you precluded them from using that as a base of operations for attacking the rest of your LAN?

> [root]
> path = /

Samba isn’t allowed to access arbitrary places in the filesystem by default.  You either need to mark the whole drive as accessible to Samba or disable SELinux:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(computer_security)#Pivoting

You should probably be using something like SSHFS anyway:

  https://softwarerecs.stackexchange.com/questions/13875/