[CentOS] Centos7 kickstart & pxe

Fri Aug 19 23:06:14 UTC 2016
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

----- Original Message -----

Basically in order to boot from the network you need the contents of os/$arch/images/pxeboot/ for your system architecture.  You can then use kickstart to point to a media you want to use for the actual installation.  This can be that of cdrom, url, nfs, etc.  You pass the kickstart parameter to your client using the 'ks=' parameter.  the installation media can be from a local rsync of the CentOS repository (to save money) or to a mirror of your choice that may be local to you.  Feel free to ask any questions.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca