[CentOS] PulseAudio is streaming with an excessive latency.

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Dec 18 23:16:40 UTC 2016

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 12/17/2016 9:18 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> vlc.x86_64                    2.0.10-1.el6 @rpmfusion-free-updates
>
> rpmfusion is comatose, that VLC rpm hasn't been updated in a couple years.

Does that imply that I should abandon VLC or just rpmfusion?
This site:
http://www.tecmint.com/install-vlc-media-player-in-rhel-centos-fedora/
suggests I use epel and nux.
I already have epel enabled.
Should I use its suggestion to install the nux repo?

The other video player I have is mplayer,
but I haven't gotten it to play anything lately.
I think the issue is that decoders are "sold separately"
and I do not even know what to call the decoders
much less how to install them.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards