[CentOS] PulseAudio is streaming with an excessive latency.

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Sun Dec 18 23:43:51 UTC 2016

On 12/18/2016 03:16 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Dec 2016, John R Pierce wrote:
>
>> On 12/17/2016 9:18 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>>> vlc.x86_64                    2.0.10-1.el6 @rpmfusion-free-updates
>>
>> rpmfusion is comatose, that VLC rpm hasn't been updated in a couple
>> years.
>
> Does that imply that I should abandon VLC or just rpmfusion?
> This site:
> http://www.tecmint.com/install-vlc-media-player-in-rhel-centos-fedora/
> suggests I use epel and nux.
> I already have epel enabled.
> Should I use its suggestion to install the nux repo?
>
> The other video player I have is mplayer,
> but I haven't gotten it to play anything lately.
> I think the issue is that decoders are "sold separately"
> and I do not even know what to call the decoders
> much less how to install them.

I have some multi-media RPMs including VLC at https://media.librelamp.com/

I started building them when rpmforge went stale, needing the GStreamer
and FFmpeg - and only somewhat recently added VLC (as I have started to
become really disappointed with each totem update)

Anyway I can't say they are better than nux because I never used nux but
nux seems to be popular so probably has better peer support.