[CentOS] CentOS 7, PS-2 moose

Fri Dec 2 17:35:38 UTC 2016
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 12:28:45 -0500
m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>  (so *please* don't tell me to tell him to get a new mouse).

If it's not recognized for some reason, then the solution is to get him a new mouse.  I know that's not what you want to hear, but there are numerous multi-button mice around that work fine.

I have a Logitech M510 wireless mouse with two standard buttons on the top, a scroll wheel, and two more buttons on the left side.  All of those inputs are recognized, including both cranking the scroll wheel and clicking it.

You can use the xev command to test things like mice and see what is being seen by the system when doing things like clicking mouse buttons.