[CentOS] Re: CentOS 7, PS-2 moose

Fri Dec 2 18:01:40 UTC 2016
Yamaban <foerster at lisas.de>

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 18:28, m.roth at ... wrote:

> I just built a workstation, CentOS 7, fully updated. My user requires his
> three-button mouse, telling me that imaging software is written for
> three-button mice (so *please* don't tell me to tell him to get a new
> mouse).
>
> Anyway, no cursor. In both /var/log/messages and journalctl, I see "unable
> to enable mouse".
>
> What I read in messages and manpages is that PS-2 is default standard...
> anyone have any ideas? I need to resolve this asap... so I can get onto
> making sure his research imaging software running on CentOS 7.

Oh, yeah such customers exist, PITA and PEBKAC in most cases.

First testing the mouse on a "older" comp, does it work there?

Next testing, does the PS/2 plug hole on the new board work?
Some of the newer boards only work with keyboards on PS/2.

On testing, if the mouse works, there are adapters "PS/2 female" to
"USB Type A male" on Amazon for a few Bucks, that may be a way to work
around a non-fuctional or missing PS/2 plug-hole.

  - Yamaban.