[CentOS] Raspberry PI 3

Tue Dec 13 07:18:29 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 12/12/16 20:07, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I downloaded the RPI3 image:
> CentOS-Userland-7-armv7hl-Minimal-1603-RaspberryPi3.img.xz
>
> how do I resize the root FS?  My Sd card is 32G and I am only using 2G of
> that.
>
> also I thought the RPI3 as was 64 bit. When I downloaded the
> aarch64.img and tried that it did not boot.
> I thought the RPI3 supported this image. perhaps not.
>
> Thannks,
>
> Jerry

Hi Jerry,

WRT expanding rootfs :
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32#head-61f4a64fb0c44b1080d87dd0c618ed4d0c8ef8df

Please note that for rpi3 we got new images for CentOS 7.3.1611 (and
signed pkgs will land soon on mirror.centos.org) here :
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7.3.1611/isos/armhfp/

/root/README on those images now states this :
"If you want to automatically resize your / partition, just type the
following (as root user):
/usr/local/bin/rootfs-expand" (starting from the 7.31611 images, as we
rely now on cloud-utils-growpart)

WRT aarch64, there is nothing on our side that supports rpi3 (yet). Jim
is having a look at building a test image, but needs to backport some
specific patches (basically from Fedora) into kernel 4.5 that is used in
el7 aarch64 .

More details and discussions on the dedicated arm-dev list
(https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/arm-dev)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab