[CentOS] CentOS 7, ATI video, ex-X

Fri Dec 16 19:35:44 UTC 2016

Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 11:08:52AM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> I've tried removing the xorg.conf, and renaming
>> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-fglrx.conf, which was there (I didn't put it
>> there when I built the box a few months ago.)
>
> This makes me think it has the 3rd-party fglrx drivers installed, but
> the new kernel you rebooted into didn't, and the GL stuff is broken.
<snip>
I'm the one who built the box from our repo, with out ks. I just
doublechecked, and there's no package or tarball, which I would
absolutly....

Just had a second thought, based on what you said... and looked. And found
I had installed kmod-fglrx from elrepo, last packaged/built in March.

I would have *thought* that it would complain, or, for that matter, take a
lot longer to rebuild the driver.... Maybe I need to go looking for a way
to force it to rebuild.

      mark