[CentOS] monitor wifi

Fri Dec 23 04:01:46 UTC 2016
geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com>

On 12/22/2016 09:42 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/22/2016 7:17 PM, geo.inbox.ignored wrote:
>> log]$ grep ath5k dmesg
>> ath5k 0000:00:0c.0: PCI INT A -> Link[LNKA] -> GSI 5 (level, low) -> IRQ 5
>> ath5k 0000:00:0c.0: registered as 'phy0'
>> ath5k: phy0: POST Failed !!!
>> ath5k 0000:00:0c.0: PCI INT A disabled
>> ath5k: probe of 0000:00:0c.0 failed with error -11
>> log]$
>
> k, well, thats what you need to track down.   you might dmesg | less,
> and search for that ath5k to see if there are any other clues around
> that POST Failed
>
> you might just need a firmware blob or somethign, no idea, I haven't
> done wireless Linux in years.

}}

John, i do thank you for all your help. greatly appreciated.

before i digging any further into things here, i believe i will log onto
linuxwireless.org to see what i can find in way of drivers for card.

as for scanning for wifi in area, i believe 'war drive' progs will be
best bet.

intent is not for hacking, i want to increase protection for when i
start using wifi with laptop, which is going to be some more digging
because centos does not see wifi chip.

all in all, i am going to have to educate myself on workings of wifi.

thanks again.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=