[CentOS] heads up: /boot space on kernel upgrade

Sun Feb 14 03:46:38 UTC 2016
Always Learning <centos at u64.u22.net>

On Sat, 2016-02-13 at 15:19 -0600, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> _things_ changed? I wouldn't quite agree. It is people who have changed
> definitely. As far as things are concerned, they have changed a lot, but
> not fundamentally. Disks are huge, but they still are not infinite. Number
> of inodes filesystem can have increased multiple orders of magnitude, but
> it is still finite, and so on - one can go through the whole list of good
> practices dated some 15-20 years back. But we, people, have changed a lot.

Equipment and prices and have changed significantly since I started in
1967. Attitudes of genuine computer people have changed a lot less.

Disk storage will always be finite.  Everything is finite, even the
universe.

My first hard disk, for a BBC Micro, was a massive 20 MB. It cost GBP
320 (circa USD 500). My first mouse cost me GBP 53 (circa USD 80).

Yes everything continues to evolve, optimistically for the betterment of
mankind :-)

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.