[CentOS] Just need to vent

Mon Jan 25 23:48:51 UTC 2016
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 03:26:51PM -0800, Kay Schenk wrote:
> I know CentOS 7 is systemd -- ok, maybe I can deal with that having
> had some exposure to it, though I'm VERY fond of good ole system V
> init scripts. And I actually had been looking forward to gnome3, but
> now I'm not too sure about that. Well I could go back to KDE in any
> case. But -- grub2 ?! Oh boy -- no joy from that in my previous
> experience! :( I'm hoping I can stick with grub 1 some way if I DO
> migrate to CentOS 7.

It's not like there's a lot of love for grub 2, but bootloaders are
really pretty hard, and no one is maintaining grub 1, and it doesn't
handle UEFI, so.... I'm not sure it's worth your trouble.

If you really want something lightweight (and don't need UEFI), you can
replace grub with extlinux/syslinux.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>