[CentOS] Just need to vent

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jan 26 16:42:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 04:33:49PM +0000, Always Learning wrote:
> Is systemd the beneficial, reliable, useful and workable "improved init
> system" or something with circa 275,000 lines of coding compared to
> init's circa 10,000 lines ?  Things I have learned in programming
> include modular is better than monolithic, and less code better than
> M$-style bloatware which systemd appears to be.

This is a typical comment which clearly indicates very little actual
knowledge of systemd. There's really not much to say other than that.

> Just what is Fedora's and Red Hat's Plan B when the revolt against
> systemd escalates ?   Whom is going to apologise for fouling-up Red
> Hat's EL and our beloved Centos ?

Well, that's certainly dramatic.

But the answer is simple: show us the code. If it "escalates" to the
point where we have better options, that's a huge win for everyone.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>