[CentOS] Just need to vent

Tue Jan 26 14:11:38 UTC 2016
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 08:43:46AM -0500, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> Discuss it all you like.  But "constructive criticism" (used earlier)
> isn't terribly useful on the CentOS list, because CentOS has very
> little control over the implementation of init systems or desktop
> environments.  I'm probably the 123123th person on the list to say
> this, but if you want a hand in the direction CentOS goes, get
> involved in Fedora.

Definitely. But please don't show up ranting about systemd unless you
genuinely have something new and insightful to add. We have literally
been discussing moving to an improved init system since 2005:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/Y6PUIY3HOPVKA5IUJQ5TL6WAVTE3G4KY/
and in that decade, pretty much everything to be said _has_ been said
and considered. That is, we've *been through* the independent analysis
of systemd.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>