[CentOS] Problem with cloud-init on re-boot

Sat Jul 16 10:12:58 UTC 2016
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

When I re-boot my CentOS 7 machine I get lots of error/warning messages
like the following:
------------------------------
Jan  1 14:39:04 alfred cloud-init: 2016-01-01 14:39:04,351 -
url_helper.py[WARNING]:
  Calling 'http://169.254.169.254/2009-04-04/meta-data/instance-id' failed
[2/120s]:
  unexpected error ['NoneType' object has no attribute 'status_code']
------------------------------

Re-booting with the current kernel, 3.10.0-327.22.2.el7.x86_64,
sometimes fails, I think because of this problem,
although the previous kernel seems to avoid the issue.

I've actually disabled cloud-init, but I'm wondering
if there is a simple solution to the problem?
Actually, I don't remember installing cloud-init;
maybe it was brought in by some other package?
It's not clear to me why I should need it;
is it a necessary adjunct to libvirtd?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net