[CentOS] Does e2fsck.conf contain "broken_system_clock = 1" per default on CentOS7?

Tue Jul 26 15:21:00 UTC 2016
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, Gabriele Pohl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on all of my CentOS7 VMs on different hypervisors
> the config file e2fsck.conf contains the line
>
> broken_system_clock = 1
>
> I found this because on all of them, the
> root partition was not checked triggered
> by interval setting with tune2fs.
>
> Do you see similiar /default/ settings on
> your machines? Is it an issue only on VMs?
> I have no CentOS7 host on bare metal to compare.

Same on real hardware.  But you can check this yourself:

$ rpm -qf /etc/e2fsck.conf
e2fsprogs-1.42.9-7.el7.x86_64
$ rpm -V e2fsprogs
$ rpm -q e2fsprogs --scripts
$

So it's a file provided by e2fsprogs, it's not been changed since you
installed it, and there's no script in the package.

jh