[CentOS] Does e2fsck.conf contain "broken_system_clock = 1" per default on CentOS7?

Tue Jul 26 16:38:11 UTC 2016
Gabriele Pohl <gp at dipohl.de>

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:21:00 +0100 (BST)
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2016, Gabriele Pohl wrote:
>
> > on all of my CentOS7 VMs on different hypervisors
> > the config file e2fsck.conf contains the line
> >
> > broken_system_clock = 1
> >
> > Do you see similiar /default/ settings on
> > your machines? Is it an issue only on VMs?
> > I have no CentOS7 host on bare metal to compare.
>
> Same on real hardware.  But you can check this yourself:
>
> $ rpm -qf /etc/e2fsck.conf
> e2fsprogs-1.42.9-7.el7.x86_64
> $ rpm -V e2fsprogs
> $ rpm -q e2fsprogs --scripts
> $

thanks for the hint :)

I now changed the value to 0 and rebooted.

After that fsck based on Interval setting were done.

Unfortunately that is not true for the root partition.
For that I had to use maxCount settings to trigger fsck.

fyi and cheers,

Gabriele