[CentOS] installing centos 7 32 bit i386 to laptop

Wed Jul 27 13:45:30 UTC 2016
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, fred roller wrote:

> Given what you tried so far I would, and have, start with cli build (text
> build) and build up from there.  The GUI install is just a convenience.

I'd entirely go against that.  The text installer is a legacy tool that I'd
avoid whenever possible.  Kickstart/cmdline or GUI, but text is just there to
make you miserable.

> The same packages can be added as groups one at a time until you have your
> workstation.  Tedious but effective as you can trouble shoot issues one at
> a time vs. full install everything that can go wrong etc. etc. Just my
> $.02.  Good hunting.

Definitely try a minimal install and just confirm that fails too.

jh