[CentOS] installing centos 7 32 bit i386 to laptop

Fri Jul 29 13:25:55 UTC 2016
fred roller <fredroller66 at gmail.com>

| this lt came with oos 7 already installed. after i tricked the oos 7
| partition a few times to reduce size, i repartitioned drive with oos
| down to sda1= 1.6 GB system, sda2= 43.0 GB oos 7, sda4= 8.4 GB recovery,
| sda3= extended sda5= 1.1 GB boot, sda6= 3.1 GB swap, sda7 thru
| sda10= 11 GB linux os, sda11= 84 GB home, sda12= 66 GB open use.

if you have a NAS available you could "dd" the the hdd to .img and free up
the space.  Personally I would pull it, resources permitting, and replace
with a another hdd, say 7200 or 10k rpm to buy some speed.  Not sure if
your system will support a ssd but might be worth a look.  Then again,
depending on use, there is the consideration of diminishing return of value
for so old a system when a  newer system can be obtained for <US$300 or so;
leaving this in the "I love the challenge" category.