[CentOS] https and self signed

Sun Jun 19 00:49:08 UTC 2016

On Sat, June 18, 2016 6:50 pm, Always Learning wrote:

> On Sat, 2016-06-18 at 15:39 -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>> I'm not interested in turning this in to a discussion on epistemology.
>> This is based on the experience (the evidence) of some of the world's
>> foremost experts in the field (Akamai, Cisco, EFF, Mozilla, etc).
>
> The same Mozilla Foundation that got USD 50 million from Google some
> years ago and the same Mozilla Foundation that automatically sends URLs
> to Google (the world's biggest spying operation) - questionable safety
> credentials that security conscious administrators might not implicitly
> trust.

Which browser do you use? I still am in a process of finding replacement
for Firefox (the closest is midori, it doesn't fully fill the bill for me
though). With this opinion about Mozilla Foundation you definitely are not
using their Firefox and Thunderbird, right? I have one more constraint: I
need to use it under FreeBSD (these are my laptop and workstation), so I
probably have to be able to build it myself (as, if it is in FreeBSD
ports/packages, I likely already tried it...).

Thanks.
Valeri