[CentOS] OpenSSL Update - not a security update???

Anthony K akcentos at anroet.com
Wed Mar 2 14:07:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 07:33 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Hopefully this makes sense.
>
> You can instead just look at this:
>
> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/
>
> (or subscribe to the CentOS announce mailing list to get emails)
>
> Both of those places will tell you when there is a security update.
>
> OR, you can subscribe to RHEL and use the information in the yum
> security plugin.

Thanks for not sparing the gory details (and Alice and James) - much
appreciated!

I normally test my updates on non-critical systems before deploying to
production.  However, in this instance, I had been away from the office and
wanted to quickly patch the openssl vulnerability before other non
-critical/security related.

In the end, I bit the bullet and just upgraded everything and no harm done.

ak.