[CentOS] 6.7 netinstall fails at insert cd to continue

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Mon Mar 7 04:41:43 UTC 2016

> Date: Sunday, March 06, 2016 22:25:55 -0600
> From: g <geleem at bellsouth.net>
>
> On 03/06/16 22:15, Richard wrote:
> <<>>
>
>> "shell" is a yum command, invoked as shown below. I don't believe
>> there is any program called "yum-shell" (even though that is the
>> man page reference).
>>
>>    shell   Is used to enter the 'yum shell', when a filename is
>>            specified the contents of that file is executed in
>>            yum shell mode. See yum-shell(8) for more info.
>>
>>    SYNOPSIS
>>        yum shell [filename]
>>
>> The contents of the file need to be standard yum-acceptable lines.
>> I.e., the lines of a package list would need to be edited to
>> include "install " and/or input continuation characters, etc.
>>
> --
>
> ok. so how about;
>
>   yum shell install < pkginstalllist.file

I suspect not.

However,

    yum shell pkginstalllist.file

where you have prepended "install " to each line (and I believe added
"run" at the end) of that file would seem to be likely to work. A
simple vi or perl search/replace edit/one-line script should get you
the input file you need.

Since you have an interest in this I'll let you read the man page and
do the experimenting.