[CentOS] Trouble installing C7

Bear Tooth

beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 17:47:02 UTC 2016

	I put a CentOS 7 live CD into a PC several years old, and ran it
without trouble for several days. Then I told it to install itself to the
hard drive. That took kind of a while (perhaps because the machine is
behind a KVM switch with three others?), but eventually told me it had
finished. I rebooted.

	Given my druthers, I would now run Yumex, deleting as many as I
could of all the things I never use. Then I'd update from whatever
version is on the CD to the current one.

	But I get errors, trying to run Yumex or to install it (both as
root), saying "Could not resolve host: mirrorlist.centos.org" There are
some panels, or what look to be panels; but the display on them looks
like it's been chewed up and spat out by some monster in the machine.
(Until I get logged in, the whole screen looks like that, or maybe as if
two tilings had crashed into each other at high speed.)

	Any clues? Pretty please??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, not quite clueless
Bear in mind that I have little (precious

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.