[CentOS] Latest version of geany editor

Sun Mar 6 20:14:01 UTC 2016
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 02/28/2016 06:53 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 16:30:44 +0100
> H wrote:
>
>> I initially downloaded geany 1.24 from the EPEL repository but now
>> wanted to install the plugin package which is not in EPEL. I visited
>> your webpage , downloaded the Centos 6 x86_64 version of both geany 1.26
>> and the and lib-geany, which I assume is the plugin-package, but neither
>> could be installed.
> You assume incorrectly.  The description field of geany-libgeany rpm states:
>
> QUOTE:
> This package contains the core functions of Geany which will be used by Geany plugins.
> END OF QUOTE
>
> I have never bothered to compile the actual geany plugins for Centos 6 due to a lack of demand and interest.  I did compile and make the geany plugins for Centos 7 available on my webpage a little while back, but that's apparently not what you're looking for.
>
>   The first fails with:
>> geany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires libgeany.so.0()(64bit)
>> geany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires geany-libgeany = 1.26-1.el6
>>
>> and the second with:
>>
>> geany-libgeany-1.26-1.el6.x86_64 requires geany = 1.26-1.el6
>>
>> which seems catch-22. Would you happen to have both of them installable?
> Install both geany and geany-libgeany at the same time and it will work.
>
>> As an aside, it would be great if both of these packages were in EPEL so
>> a simple yum update could work.
> That I have no control over.  If they made it available then I probably wouldn't bother duplicating the effort.  As stated at the top of my webpage, it is just stuff that I use that can't (easily) be found elsewhere.

Frank, I am working on trying to get the geany plugin library to work
but have run into a problem because the file geany.pc is not found. My
understanding from the geany list is that it should have been installed.

It does not seem to have been installed by your two packages - do you
know where it can be found?

Thank you.