[CentOS] Latest version of geany editor

Sun Mar 6 20:34:03 UTC 2016
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 21:14:01 +0100
H wrote:

> Frank, I am working on trying to get the geany plugin library to work
> but have run into a problem because the file geany.pc is not found. My
> understanding from the geany list is that it should have been installed.
>
> It does not seem to have been installed by your two packages - do you
> know where it can be found?

It is part of geany-devel, which I apparently didn't bother saving and posting on my webpage for el6, since I didn't compile the plugins for el6 either..

Just compile the geany source rpm that you see on my el6 page and you'll get a geany-devel rpm.

I don't use el6 any more myself for my desktop machine so geany isn't particularly interesting to me on that platform any more.  I do have geany, geany-devel and all of the geany plugins available as binary rpms on my el7 webpage, though that's probably not a lot of help to you.  Be sure that you compile the source rpm on the el6 page if you're compiling for el6 since that includes a patch which is neither required or included in the el7 source rpm.  The el7 source rpm (which is really just the Fedora 23 source rpm) won't compile on el6 as-is, which I discovered when I tried to compile it, and which is why I wrote the patch so it will work.

If you have trouble compiling the el6 geany source rpm let me know and I will compile it for you and make geany-devel available.  There appears to be little demand for it, though, since you're the very first person to ask about it, ever.