[CentOS] SOT: Can Fedora be installed from Live images?

Tue Mar 8 14:28:38 UTC 2016
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 09:00:44AM -0500, mechy2k2000 wrote:
> I think nearly all the fedora images are live CDs now. They should have an
> option to install fedora when you boot the  cd. Usually when you boot the
> cd.  A window appears asking to either install the os or try it out. If you
> are using a non gnome cd,you may have to search the application menu for
> the installer

At one point, at least the LiveCD had a bunch of limitations, possibly on
partitioning, and also on package selection. I don't know if that's still
true.

However, there are also the server and workstation spins. If you are
looking for the usual Gnome desktop, you probably want workstation.  I usue
server, choose minimal install and add things afterwards.

The Fedora site itself has the live one by default.  Their logic is that
the newcomer will have the best chance of success with that one, and the
more experienced will go elsewhere. Their site,
https://getfedora.org/, shows server and workstation images for download.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6