[CentOS] [OT] security bug with firefox and add-on

Wed Mar 9 19:11:27 UTC 2016
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

<<>>

--

centos 6.7, firefox 38.6.1.

<<>>

--

reason in bring this up is if a hacker hacks someone's system and has
knowledge of bug, he most likely will have disassembled add-on and knows

at first, i thought author. after posting and more thought time, authors
tend to be too lax in testing and slow in fixing.

as for mozilla.org, their attitude has become 'not fixable, upgrade to
later version', which in many cases is not doable.

with cve.mitre.org, they just might issue a 'CESA' to remove add-on and
reinstall firefox, do not use add-on until bug is fixed.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.