[CentOS] CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud.raw very unusual format

Tue Mar 29 15:47:26 UTC 2016

On 22/03/16 01:06, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> On 21 March 2016 at 11:51, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>
>> On 21/03/16 14:34, Aliaksei Sheshka wrote:
>>> What is the point to pack single raw file into the tar.gz and to name it
>> raw ?
>>> Or it's just a mistake ?
>>>

>> Johnny is looking at the cdn side of thigs, but effectively we will not
>> have a .raw - we will have a .raw.tar.gz file ( which will itself only
>> have a .raw file compressed inside it )
>>

>> --
>> Karanbir Singh
>> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
>> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
>>

> Why not a compressed qcow2?
>
> Like: CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud.qcow2c
>
> This way, we can add it as-is to OpenStack Glance, that it will be
> downloaded by demand, when required and, OpenStack Nova will automatically
> uncompress the image for runtime.

We do publish a qcow2c, the always updated version ( updated each month
end ) is at :
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud.qcow2c

This is a symlink that points to the latest image. At the moment this is
:
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-1602.qcow2c

There will be a 1603 by the end of this week

--
Karanbir Singh