[CentOS] yum update (first in a long time) - EXIM environment variable warning

Fri May 6 10:45:47 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/06/2016 03:30 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Me again,
>
> Another problem I've found since doing my yum update is that EXIM is now
> showing the following error, on startup, and repeatedly in main.log
>
> [root at ollie2 ~]# exim -bt   localpart at example.com
> 2016-05-06 09:27:04 WARNING: purging the environment.
>  Suggested action: use keep_environment and add_environment.

> Googling says that to fix this all I need to do is add
>
> keep_environment
>
> to exim.conf.  What I'm struggling to find out is why it's suddenly needed and
> what the effects are

exim is not part of CentOS-7 .. it is part of EPEL (I think, based on my
yum list).  Not sure who the maintainer is or if he/she is on this list.
 Maybe they are on they EPEL mailing list.  Here is the output of yum
list exim:

exim.x86_64   4.84.2-2.el7  epel