[CentOS] yum update (first in a long time) - EXIM environment variable warning

Fri May 6 10:50:10 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/06/2016 05:45 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 05/06/2016 03:30 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
>> Me again,
>>
>> Another problem I've found since doing my yum update is that EXIM is now
>> showing the following error, on startup, and repeatedly in main.log
>>
>> [root at ollie2 ~]# exim -bt   localpart at example.com
>> 2016-05-06 09:27:04 WARNING: purging the environment.
>>  Suggested action: use keep_environment and add_environment.

>> Googling says that to fix this all I need to do is add
>>
>> keep_environment
>>
>> to exim.conf.  What I'm struggling to find out is why it's suddenly needed and
>> what the effects are
>
> exim is not part of CentOS-7 .. it is part of EPEL (I think, based on my
> yum list).  Not sure who the maintainer is or if he/she is on this list.
>  Maybe they are on they EPEL mailing list.  Here is the output of yum
> list exim:
>
> exim.x86_64   4.84.2-2.el7  epel

BTW, I am not saying that you shouldn't discuss this on the CentOS
mailing list.  It is absolutely OK for you to discuss it here.  I am
just saying that you might be able to also find more help elsewhere too.

Just wanted to make sure my other post is not misinterpreted 'take this
off our list' .. it is instead a 'the helper you seek may not be
subscribed here' :)