[CentOS] Firefox 45.1.0 stability

Sat May 7 18:48:06 UTC 2016
Bill Maltby (C4B) <centos4bill at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 21:32 +0100, Nux! wrote:
> Guys if you are using my repo on CentOS 6 then the new Firefox might not like the old ffmpeg I ship.
>
> There is new and apparently working stuff in my testing repo; try to upgrade and see if that solves the problem.
> Feedback welcome so I can move the testing packages in the main repo sooner, rather than later.
>
> yum --enablerepo=nux-dextop-testing update ffmpeg
> <snip>

Got it on my primary box and fired everything up. Same sorts of tests as
on the other bo produced only one aggravation - slow response.

I don't think this is related to your stuff though. I tend to have nay
windows open with many tabs in each FF window and I think I'm just
overloading it.

Sites try to "push" content, which I don't allow, pop-up adds, which I
don't allow, ...

Couldn't get the Flash plugin to work on that login - suspected the
load. So I switched to another login, went to Bloomberg.tv, which
delivers content in flash, and all worked just fine.

So AFAICT, your new stuff is GTG for me.

Bill