[CentOS] Reduce existing CentOS 7 installation to "Minimal install" - services?

Wed May 11 21:49:11 UTC 2016
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 09:08:03PM +0200, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 06/05/2016 18:31, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
> > There actually are a couple more things than core in a minimal install
> > .. here is the current minimal list:
> >
> > https://git.centos.org/blob/sig-core!comps.git/220ef7b59c95531d3752d4074ce673aa09792c67/c7-minimal-x86_64-RPMS.lst
> >
> > some of those might not get installed every time (ie, disk encrypt may
> > not be on non-encrypted drives, etc.)
> >
> > But it is a good starting point.
>
> After some more fiddling, my problem is solved. Here's my little script:
>
> https://github.com/kikinovak/centos/blob/master/7.x/scripts/00-elaguer-paquets.sh
>
> Any existing CentOS installation (GNOME, KDE, Web Server, etc.) can be
> stripped down to a minimal install by simply running it. I've tried this
> with different scenarios, and it works perfectly.
>
> Thank you everybody for your input.
>
> Niki

not that I'm wanting to strip down my C7, I'm wondering how that
works if one has installed the Mate desktop from epel ?

                         God made him who had no sin
                      to be sin for us, so that in him
                 we might become the righteousness of God."