[CentOS] Suggestions for Config Management Tool

Thu May 12 11:28:50 UTC 2016
Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch>

Personally, I think it is important to try one in a prototype mode. There are many changes to how you operate systems as you bring in configuration management that any of the packages you propose should be an improvement over running scripts or hand configuration.

We chose Puppet around 3 years ago and have been very happy with it, managing 10,000s of machines with it. We’ve got over 200 people making regular changes to the configurations and a lot of good upstream modules in production.

I don’t think there is one size fits all but the tools you suggest have all been used successfully.

Tim