[CentOS] C7 Desktop background

Mon May 16 21:38:44 UTC 2016
Frank Cox <theatre at melvilletheatre.com>

On Tue, 17 May 2016 09:29:52 +1200
Rob Kampen wrote:

> Tried that - it appears to run, i.e. prompt returns. No change. Logged
> out and back in - no change, still gray. It has reset the background
> that comes up when I move the cursor to the top left and see all the
> open windows.

It's a bit late to tell you this, but the configuration is stored in a file ~/.config/dconf/user so if you back that up before playing with it, you can return to your former configuration by restoring that file.

Have you backed up your home directory lately?  Do you have an "old" copy of that file that you can restore?