[CentOS] clamd at amavisd fails under systemd

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 03:46:35 UTC 2016

On 11/11/2016 02:39 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
> When I invoke from the CLI  - there is a -nofork=yes as a part of the
> invocation.
> When systemd tries to do the invocation via the ExecStart line - the
> original clamd at .service file had this --nofork=yes also, the problem
> was that this just caused an abend of the start up with the message:

Not on my system, it doesn't:

$ grep Exec /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service
ExecStart = /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.d/%i.conf --foreground=yes
$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service
clamav-server-systemd-0.99.2-1.el7.noarch

> > /usr/sbin/clamd: unrecognized option `--nofork=yes'
> > ERROR: Unknown option passed
> > ERROR: Can't parse command line options
> and a look at the clamd man shows no such parameter - thus I removed it.
> I wonder if this is the issue? Not sure what I can or how I can test.

Yeah, it might be worth removing the package and reinstalling it. You
shouldn't need to modify the provided systemd service file.