[CentOS] clamd at amavisd fails under systemd - FIXED

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Sat Nov 12 07:07:42 UTC 2016

On 12/11/16 16:46, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 11/11/2016 02:39 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
>> When I invoke from the CLI  - there is a -nofork=yes as a part of the
>> invocation.
>> When systemd tries to do the invocation via the ExecStart line - the
>> original clamd at .service file had this --nofork=yes also, the problem
>> was that this just caused an abend of the start up with the message:
>
> Not on my system, it doesn't:
>
> $ grep Exec /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service
> ExecStart = /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.d/%i.conf --foreground=yes
> $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service
> clamav-server-systemd-0.99.2-1.el7.noarch
>

>> > /usr/sbin/clamd: unrecognized option `--nofork=yes'
>> > ERROR: Unknown option passed
>> > ERROR: Can't parse command line options
>> and a look at the clamd man shows no such parameter - thus I removed it.
>> I wonder if this is the issue? Not sure what I can or how I can test.
>
> Yeah, it might be worth removing the package and reinstalling it. You
> shouldn't need to modify the provided systemd service file.
this looks like the issue.
doing the rpm -qf /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service
gave no owner??
So I tried a reinstall and it informed me the package
clamav-server-systemd-0.99.2-1.el7.noarch was not installed - no idea
where the systemd service file came from.
So I installed it and it now appears to run.

thanks so much for your assistance - progress finally being made!