[CentOS] CentOS 7 + KDE - default keyboard layout?

Mon Nov 14 16:55:17 UTC 2016
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 14/11/2016 à 17:33, Patrick Hess a écrit :
> That could be possible, of course. On FreeBSD, with the keyboard layout
> configured the old-fashioned way via /etc/X11/xorg.conf, KDE does respect
> the system-wide settings. I would expect KDE to behave the same on CentOS.
> However, I only had to deal with easy layouts like "de" and "us" so far;
> Swiss-French might pose a bit more of a challenge. ;-)
>
> Patrick

I'm running Slackware on my main workstation, where I have a
90-keyboard-layout.conf file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, and it looks like
this:

Section "InputClass"
	Identifier "keyboard-all"
	MatchIsKeyboard "on"
	MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
	Driver "evdev"
	Option "XkbLayout" "ch"
	Option "XkbVariant" "fr"
	Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

But then, I'm also running Xfce on this machine, so I don't know if on
the CentOS machine, the problem is related to localectl, to X.org or to
KDE.

I tried to replace the CentOS configuration stub with the one I have on
the Slackware machine, but to no avail. The keyboard is still US. While
it's not a big deal, of course, I'd rather avoid having to reconfigure
all my users' keyboard layout by hand.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat