[CentOS] linux-3.10.0-514.el7.tar.xz - process of creation

Fri Nov 25 17:13:22 UTC 2016
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 25.11.2016 um 15:03 schrieb Staazul:
> I try to create own patch for kernel, and I look in process of
> generation binary rpm file.
> As I can see, for creation binary package, rpmbuild doesn't uses any set
> of patches and doesn't uses file of original (vanilla) version of
> kernel. Instead it, I see some xz archive of compressed tree of kernel
> probably with all changes (linux-3.10.0-514.el7.tar.xz). How and where I
> can find process of creation of this archive and to see separately all
> set of patches? I want to remove some changes and add own.
>
> Many thanks to all, who have such info and can give link on process or
> link on documentations of process of creation of this archive.
>
> best regards, Andrei

You cannot easily bisect the kernel tarball provided. Some time ago Red
Hat had dediced to use this way of prividing the sources of their kernel
because well knowns had started an aggressive business to hijack RHEL
customers.

See i.e.
https://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/03/04/1550231/red-hat-stops-shipping-kernel-changes-as-patches

Alexander