[CentOS] Reverting to nouveau

Tue Oct 11 07:18:39 UTC 2016
geo.inbox.ignored <geo.inbox.ignored at gmail.com>

> On Fri, 2016-10-07 at 11:38 -0500, geo.inbox.ignored wrote:
>> as for nvidia site, check to see if you can find a more proper driver at;
>>
>>   http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
>
> That's where the drivers come from, via RPMfusion.
>
>> as for 'on all the time', i agree about your saving power.
>>
>> *but*, give consideration to fact that powering a system up and down
>> can be more costly due to 'electronic' wear and tear on system.
>
> I tend to agree in fact. I never used to turn my computers off, then I
> worked out how much power they consume and how much it costs. I've
> noticed a difference in my bill since I started doing this.

==>

well yes. of course there will be power consumption from mains.

my view is there is less electronic wear and tear when powered up
24/7 and due to inrush power surge on power up, less chance of some
component going bad.

years back when i did computer systems work, i had a couple client
calls for a system not powering up at start of morning hours. i used
light bulb example to explain why and that they would naturally see
an increase in utilities bill. both started leaving systems up.

have a friend who's system lost power supply on power up, and again,
after explaining about light bulb, he leaves system powered up and
because he is using centos and kde, he uses 'suspend to ram' when
not using and 'suspend to disk' when away for several days.

it is all owners choice.

ps.
 excuse delay in reply. problems with thunderbird
 had me unable to run email.

--

peace out.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=