[CentOS] Proper setup for major package removals?

Tue Oct 11 06:21:24 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/10/2016 10:56 PM, waltdnes at waltdnes.org wrote:
>    By the way, at startup, I notice a message quickly flash by like...
> "intel_rapl: no valid rapl domains".  What's it about?

some kinda new intel advanced power domain stuff (RAPL is "Running
Average Power Limit"), to limit CPU power consumption... that message
just means its not supported by your hardware (or VM), so the intel_rapl
driver is exiting.  totally harmless albeit mildly annoying.  you can
blacklist the intel_rapl driver to get rid of it.