[CentOS] [OT] How to recover data from an IDE drive

Thu Oct 27 01:09:23 UTC 2016
Hal Wigoda <hal.wigoda at gmail.com>

It can be mounted as an external or secondary drive.
However, it is more likely not to work.

If you really have to recover data from the drive,
it will have to betaken to a data recover company.

They look at the drive,
find out its geometries and hardware configuration.

Then the data surfaces, platters, or whatever are removed delicately
will have to be removed and mounted in a drive that exactly matches
the original drive electronic configuration and geometries.

And its not cheap or guaranteed to work.

I have numerous old drives that quite working.

You just say goodbye to those bits and bytes.