[CentOS] IPMI ??

Sun Sep 18 23:08:01 UTC 2016
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2016-09-18, Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net> wrote:

> But for now via VGA cable it is all working.
>
> Once I'm back home and this server is set up where it goes, I'll try
> playing with non-browser IPMI tools and see what it is all about.

Now that you have a console, you can use the *ipmi tools to assign an IP
address to the IPMI interface yourself, then use the Supermicro Java GUI
to get to it from anywhere on the same network.  It's a great feature to
have even if it's not your preferred method to get to the console,
because at least it's a backup method (and might be handy for helping
you test your video card).

Make sure you do not allow the IPMI's IP to be accessible on a public
network.  Either keep the IP on a private network (better), keep the IP
firewalled to only certain IPs, or change the admin password from the
default.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us