[CentOS] An 'orrible question: Outlook 365 under wine on CentOS?

Tue Sep 27 15:44:39 UTC 2016
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 27/09/16 16:04, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Fabian Arrotin wrote:

>> For a previous job, I was using davmail (http://davmail.sourceforge.net)
>> to act as a imap/caldav/ldap gateway between my Thunderbird and the OWA.
>> I never tested against outlook365 but a simple google search seems to
>> indicate that it's doable/working
>>
> From UWisconsin: "Office 365 does not support calendar standard (CalDAV)".
> And, actually, I don't care about *anything* but simple mail reading. When
> I need to use the calendar, such as scheduling days off, I use the web
> acces. But trying to go through a couple hundred emails a day (lots of
> workstations and servers, lots of logfile emails) is going to kill me.
>
> I dunno. Thanks, Fabian.
>
>       mark

Well, if you read what davmail is you'll see that *it* acts as a
caldav/imap/ldap gateway to OWA (which doesn't provide this) :-)
So that means that you configure you MUA (even mutt if you like) as
normal IMAP client pointing to davmail, which itself then uses OWA as
backend ...
As said, I used this for my previous job (~2 years) and the only thing I
had to do was to reload it from time to time because java (yeah) .. and
memory leaks  (but I was automating that through networkmanager
dispatcher.d script, as my laptop was never powered off - only
suspending/resuming - except for kernel updates)

YMMV
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab