[CentOS] Network configuration: desktop vs. laptop

Sun Apr 9 08:56:57 UTC 2017
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 09/04/2017 à 10:29, Nux! a écrit :
> On CentOS it's normal for both wireless and wired to be connected at
> the same time, maybe what you are seeing is just the icon's being
> confusing or not being replaced with the right thing?
>
> This is easy to check, just issue an "ip route". On My system I can
> see something like this:
>
> default via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  proto static 192.168.0.0/24 dev
> eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.16  metric 1
> 192.168.0.0/24 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.13
> metric 2
>
> Routing will prefer eth0 (wired), with the smaller metric, giving you
> the better performance.
>
> I found this quite handy a couple of times, say you remove the laptop
> from the desk and go in the garden or something, you won't lose your
> connections.

Thanks, Lucian.

I just found the culprit, though. Apparently the ifcfg-<interface> files
(except ifcfg-lo) were interfering with NetworkManager, so I just
deleted them, and now everything runs perfectly.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr