[CentOS] OT: systemd Poll

Sun Apr 9 16:36:38 UTC 2017
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 2:20 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/2017 9:39 PM, Anthony K wrote:
>

>> So, at which stage are you in w/ regards to adopting systemd?  Are you
>> still ridiculing it, violently opposed to it, or have you mellowed to it?
>>

> I wish the documentation was a bit better.   systemd and networkmanager
> definitely change the rules...  I had a minimal C7 VM where I had a heck of
> a time getting it to use the right DNS servers, only way I got it set up
> was to use nmtui, my attempts at using nmcli were an exercise in
> frustration.    maybe this is more of a networkmanager problem more than
> systemd, but they are both tied together in my mind.

​Yes, lack of documentation is a big bug-a-boo in my mind also. However, I
do think working with systemd is a bit like working with udev​

​ hooks. My first experience with systemd was probably back in late 2011.
In any case, the RH documentation on it may be beneficial at this point:

​
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/System_Administrators_Guide/chap-Managing_Services_with_systemd.html

or maybe take a look at the Fedora projects info:

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/