[CentOS] OT: systemd Poll

Tue Apr 11 17:16:47 UTC 2017
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 11/04/2017 à 18:11, Jonathan Billings a écrit :
> Maybe we should just jump right to the end that we always have each
> time this comes up.  systemd is the death of linux and you're leaving
> for FreeBSD/devuan/whatever.  Lets just move along now.

I've been using CentOS 5.x almost exclusively for a few years on both
servers and desktops, and then I went back to Slackware Linux because I
liked its simplicity. Slackware is still running on most of my servers
and desktops, and I even maintain a small spinoff distribution for
desktops (https://www.microlinux.eu).

I'm currently faced with the perspective of teaching Linux for some
bigger companies (think broadcasting business). Since here in France,
many big companies are running RHEL on their servers, I thought it might
be a good idea to check out CentOS again. So some time ago I started
fiddling with more recent versions again, and I even have a new section
on my blog about CentOS: http://blog.microlinux.fr/centos/

I just read through this thread, and I must say I'm a bit worried, to
the point that I'm asking myself: is CentOS still as reliable as it was?
This is not a rhetorical question, but a real one. On my Slackware
servers, I'm hosting a few dozen websites, various platforms for schools
and public libraries, some streaming stuff, webmail, etc. and these
machines *never ever* give me any headache. Can I expect the same
stability from CentOS 7?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat