[CentOS] bind vs. bind-chroot

Thu Apr 13 08:23:39 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 04/13/2017 01:05 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 13/04/2017 à 04:27, Robert Moskowitz a écrit :
>> But make sure to have SELinux enabled if you do not run it chrooted.
>>
>> I have mine running that way.
>
> I bluntly admit not using SELinux, because until now, I mainly used more
> bone-headed systems that didn't implement it. Maybe this is the right
> time to get started.
>
> I understand there's a wealth of information about SELinux. Any
> recommendations for a newbie-friendly primer? I don't mind to RTFM, even
> extensive documentation, but I prefer stuff that's well-written.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

I don't use SELinux because it gets in my way far more than it every
actually protects me from anything.

I'm sure there are systems where it absolutely is necessary, but I don't
like to have stuff fail because I used mv instead of cp to install a
certificate, for example.

For authoritative DNS I also do not use chroot but authoritative DNS is
all those servers do, and I use zones signed externally via DNSSEC (no
private keys on the server)