[CentOS] humor (was Re: OT: systemd Poll)

Thu Apr 13 19:01:03 UTC 2017

On Thu, April 13, 2017 1:38 pm, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
eclipse, that needs 2GB to run... for an editor.
>>> And mine on medon.htt-consult.com done with Geany.
>>> Using a editor that understands html tags so you can collapse ones not
being edited does make life simpler.  Also lets you know, indirectly,
when your copy and pasting messed up the tag pairing.
>> Yeah, well, I've tried word processors, and, years back, I tried
Quanta,
>> which was specifically for working on web pages, and the HTML generated by
>> all word processors sucks dead Mar-a-Lago roaches. And *all* of them want
>> to left-justify, even if there's an option not to, and you set that,
rather than leaving it properly indented.

Just to add a bit to discussion. There are tools (editors) to edit html
code for web pages. Looking at some html documents I see a lot of junk
added by these tools. Who will blame stupid program that is designed to
handle everything for doing that? Not me. But I do not what any junk
inside anything I wrote. Do you want "mozilla generator" in the hidden
field of your html document? But I must confess: I do not write html or
php webpages (except for most trivial ones, or editing ones written by
someone else). And as Mark I use vi for that (and almost for everything,
fancy formatted printouts may be exemption). Will you be surprised by the
fact that some web servers are configured to not serve files ending with
tilde symbol "~"? As these will be served as text verbatim, and therefore
will disclose whateve you have inside file with the same name without
tilde. I know more than one web developer who use emacs, edits files in
situ (not elsewhere) and never even think of cleaning xxxx~ files.

Valeri

>       The forced left justify part reminds me of a conversation I had
> with a vendor last year. It was something on the lines of "I know this
might come as a shock to you but there are people out there who has
phone numbers that are not exactly 9 digits long and postal codes with
letters and numbers."

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago