[CentOS] what is CodeMeter and why is it running on my CentOS box?

Sun Aug 13 01:25:11 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

I just stumbled over /var/log/CodeMeter, which contains a number of large
log files.

I know I'm getting old and forgetful, but I can't remember intentionally
installing that package.

Yum just says "installed" instead of listing a repo.

Looking at codemeter.com, it seems to work with something called a
"cm stick". I don't have one, don't want one, and never heard of them.

Is there any reason I should be leery of just "yum remove"ing the
package?

thanks!

Fred