[CentOS] fcitx-anthy request (for Japanese users)

Wed Aug 2 01:09:44 UTC 2017
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 08:55:22PM -0400, H wrote:

> Scott, I am back at this again. I am able to switch between Chinese and two western languages in terminal sessions but not in GUI applications such as LO, Thunderbird, Firefox... Only the default language works in these GUI applications.
>
> What setting in fcitx might I be missing?

Well, I'm not the expert, especially at Chinese.
I do remember in an older version of FreeBSD, to get it to work in firefox,
I would use
LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 firefox

from a terminal, and it would then work. I never figured out why (it worked
with other GTK apps such as libreoffice.  Hrrm, I don't think I tried in
Thunderbird.

Ah, also, in my .xinitrc (I boot into text mode then run startx I have,
above the line calling the window manager

export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

Do you have fcitx-gtk2 and fcitx-gtk3 installed?
I repeat, I'm not an expert on this, my skill is in googling and finding
out how others got it done, then just copying that and summarizing it. :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6