[CentOS] Installation on Knights Landing (KNL) machines failure

Tue Aug 22 20:29:36 UTC 2017
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> <RANT>
> YES. I was unable to build my four nodes using PXEboot, because the damn
> thing won't take what it's given, and won't skip to the default target. It
> INSISTS (ok, it is in the RFC, but...) on trying its MAC, or maybe it's
> the UUID, I disremember, and spends *MINUTES - 4? 5? then tries again by
> shortening it by one char, and again, and again, and by the time it tries
> default, it's literally FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER, and the tftp/pxe has timed
> out.
> </RANT>

Mark,

I haven't faced the slow iterations you're seeing, but I sometimes use
a shell script I wrote for naming PXE configuration files on per-IPv4
bases:

   https://github.com/heinlein/pxehex

I don't know if it will help in your case, but I thought I'd pass it
along.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com